Utility Patent Application Filed December 24, 2013, claims priority of Provisional Patent Application filed
on January 7, 2013
Colle and Phyllis Davis and Phil Estes have filed for Utility Patent for their Modular Aquaponics System
READ THE ENTIRE AQUAPONICS COURSE OUTLINE: CLICK HERE.
CREATE FOOD SAFETY FOR YOUR FAMILY, YOUR COMMUNITY, YOUR COUNTRY. Grow food year round in any climate.
One Portable Farms® Kit provides you with the technology to build one Portable Farms® Module which feeds 8 people FOREVER. One Portable Farms® Module requires less than 10 minutes of care per day to plant, harvest and feed the fish.
» Feed pesticide-free table vegetables to your family . . . FROM FARM TO FORK.
Tour a Portable Farms® Aquaponics System in SW Florida – CLICK HERE.
Aquaponics is easier and more productive than organic gardening or traditional agriculture and uses 95% less water. Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems also use less electricity and less labor than any other aquaponics system in the world.
Portable Farms® Aquaponics System in Southwest Florida is OFF GRID AND SOLAR.
CLICK HERE to read article and view more images of this farm.
This new Portable Farms® Aquaponics System is fully solar powered.
INSTALLATION COMPLETED AUGUST 4, 2014
This new Portable Farms® Aquaponics System has one grow tray that is 6’x16’ (96 sq ft of grow space) which feeds four people FOREVER.
We have incorporated all that we have learned into this sleek new state-of-the-art aquaponics system which is an upgraded version of all the systems we have ever designed or built and it is an efficient and beautiful system that is easy-top-operate and FULLY run on one single solar panel (off back left side of photo on outside of lanai).
What IS Aquaponics?©
To read the entire article, “What IS Aquaponics?©” CLICK HERE.
Aquaponics is the growing of fish or other aquatic animals, along with land plants in a controlled environment, to maximize the use of the energy and nutrients in the system in order to harvest the greatest amount of vegetables and fish protein from the system.
The word aquaponics comes from words aquaculture, which is the cultivation of fish or other aquatic animals, and the word hydroponics, where plants are grown in a sterile medium or completely in water.
By combining the fish, water and plants, Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems use an integrated environment to produce vegetables and fish in a small space using very little water.
Receive our FREE INSTANTANEOUS PRICE LIST by providing your first name and email address in the second box in the right-hand column.
Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems GROW FOOD.
View a 2 minute video clip of the interior of 16 x 33′ Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems
This small 16 x 33′ Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems (in above video) feeds ten people the table vegetables and protein (tilapia) the food they need for optimal health – forever in 528 sq ft total space and 264 square ft grow space.
- Portable Farms® grow food in greenhouses, warehouses or underground structures
- Without the use of any pesticides, harsh chemicals, antibiotics or hormones
- Portable Farms® use 95% less water than traditional agricultural methods
- Portable Farms® use less electrical power than any other aquaponics system in the world and can be solar or wind powered
- Portable Farms® provide table vegetables (greens and blooming plants such as tomatoes, peppers, etc.) and fish (tilapia) as a protein source to maintain optimal health
- Three people can operate one-quarter of an acre of Portable Farms® which feeds 240 people forever. Twelve people can operate one acre of Portable Farms® which feeds 1,000 people forever
- Portable Farms® can be operated by semi-skilled labor and people of almost any age (young and old)
- Greens grown in Portable Farms® can be harvested in as few as 28 days after installation and continue producing forever
- Portable Farms® feed families, communities, cities, countries and the world.
“The number of people living in water-stressed countries is projected to climb from 500 million to three billion by 2025.” - ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT OF IRRIGATION: A REVIEW - Claudio O. Stockle – State of Washington Water Research Center Washington State University.
Yearly Production From Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems
- A 100′ x 100′ ( 30m x 30m) unit produces 80,000 vegetables and 23,000 pounds (10,400 kg) of fish
- A 24′ x 46′ (7.3m x 14m) unit produces 8,600 vegetables and 1,156 pounds (524 kg) of fish
- A 10′ x 20′ ( 3m x 6m) unit produces 1,100 vegetables and 400 pounds (180 kg) of fish
Phyllis Davis was awarded Second Prize after presenting Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems to the San Diego Inventors Forum’s Annual Inventors Contest on June 13, 2013. View 8 minute presentation on YouTube video above.
Introduction: CLICK HERE.
Phase 1: Conceptual Research: CLICK HERE.
Phase 2: Planning: CLICK HERE.
Phase 3: Site Preparation: CLICK HERE.
Phase 4: Initial Operations: CLICK HERE.
Phase 5: Ongoing Operations: CLICK HERE.
Read Our New 6-Part Article Series for Backyard Aquaponics Made Easy
- Article 1. Sizing your Aquaponics System to determine how many people you want to feed.
- Article 2. Location for your Aquaponics System in your backyard
- Article 3. The Type of Building for your Aquaponics System – greenhouse, etc.
- Article 4. The Cost and Materials for an Aquaponics System in your backyard
- Article 5. Operations for your Aquaponics System – fast and easy!
- Article 6. Variations for Your Aquaponics System - no two are the same.
- BONUS ARTICLE: Nine Steps for Building Super Backyard Portable Farms®.
Take our Aquaponics Online Correspondence Course! READ THE ENTIRE AQUAPONICS ONLINE CORRESPONDENCE COURSE OUTLINE: CLICK HERE.
In addition to the Aquaponics Training Course, graduates also receive the TECHNOLOGY that operates Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems.
This correspondence course takes approximately 12 hours to complete at your own pace. If you ARE interested in a backyard or a commercial aquaponics system, take our Portable Farms® Aquaponics System Course© FIRST, and upon satisfactory completion of the course, you WILL receive one Portable Farms Kit as part of the Portable Farms® Aquaponics System Course© so you can build your own Portable Farms® Aquaponics System that feeds up to 8 people. The price for the correspondence Portable Farms® Aquaponics System Course© includes the entire assembly, operations and maintenance course, PLUS, it INCLUDES one Portable Farms Technology Kit – all for the price of $2,500. For those investing in a commercial aquaponics system (10,000 sq ft or more), there is a total refund of the $2,500 tuition fee.
READ THE ENTIRE AQUAPONICS CORRESPONDENCE COURSE OUTLINE: CLICK HERE.
For a long list of easy-to-understand Questions and Answers about Portable Farms and Aquaponics in general, please visit our FAQ page.
Aquaponics University (AU) offers our own Portable Farms® Aquaponics System Course© that teaches individuals how to grow chemical-free food and fish in a closed-loop system.
If you want to build your own backyard farm or a commercial aquaponics system, you’ll need to take our Portable Farms® Aquaponics System Course© and upon satisfactory completion of the course, you’ll receive one Portable Farms Kit as part of the course, so you can build your own Portable Farms® Aquaponics System that feeds eight people (or less) forever.
Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems’ Modular Aquaponics Systems - Utility Patent Application Filed December 24, 2013, claims priority of Provisional Patent Application filed
on January 7, 2013
Most graduates complete the Portable Farms® Aquaponics System Course© in less than two weeks by working on the course only ONE hour per day and then go on to build their own Portable Farm®!
Our price for the Portable Farms® Aquaponics System Course© includes the entire assembly, operations and maintenance course, PLUS, it INCLUDES one Portable Farms technology kit for only US$2,500! Offer good only in the US and certain other countries.
Price for course: US$2,500.00 – After completing the Portable Farms® Aquaponics System Course© satisfactorily, we will ship you the Portable Farms Kit so you can build your own Portable Farms™ Aquaponics System to feed your family FOREVER. The Portable Farms Kit is included in the price of the course.
What IS a Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems’ Kit? (Components for the Portable Farms® Kit are listed in the Price List.)
- Each Portable Farms® Kit provides the user with the technology necessary to build one module measuring up to 5’ x 40’. A 5’ x 40’ One PFAS module feeds eight people their table vegetables and fish, forever.
- All the materials to build a Portable Farm (except the vital components in the Portable Farms® Kit) can be sourced locally and installed by local workers (which creates local jobs and helps the local economy.)
- Portable Farms® Aquaponics Systems are ‘modular’ and can be customized to match the available space in a climatically adapted greenhouse or structure. This new pricing is for PFAS KITS and tuitions for the Portable Farms® Aquaponics System Course©. The PFAS Kits are only sold in conjunction with satisfactory completion of the Portable Farms® Aquaponics System Course©. We do not sell or build greenhouses or climatically adapted structures.
- Aquaponics University is the school and teaching division of Portable Farms LLC and written by the inventors of Portable Farms® Aquaponics systems to teach our clients and customers how to a build a Portable Farms® Aquaponics System.
- A Portable Farms® Aquaponics System is a method for growing organic vegetables and fish in a controlled-environment greenhouse.
- Our clients and students must provide their own acclimatized greenhouses or another structure for their climate and location.
- We also provide a materials cutting list in Portable Farms® Aquaponics System Course© for students to pre-purchase materials to build their own Portable Farms™ Aquaponics System.
- The client and student are provided a Portable Farms Kit after satisfactory completion of the Portable Farms® Aquaponics System Course© that contains the proprietary intellectual property that makes Portable Farms® Aquaponics System the most efficient aquaponics system in the world.
The only way we sell backyard or commercial aquaponics systems is after our customers have successfully completed the online course through Aquaponics University.
This online course is offered online to residents of the US and Canada and certain select countries only.
Backyard Installation: Each participant who successfully completes the Portable Farms® Aquaponics System Course© receives a Portable Farms® Kit with the Portable Farms™®Aquaponics Systems’ technology to build one module. The online course includes assembly, operations and lessons on plant and fish care. This kit contains only the technology and the rest of the farm must be built by the owner at their expense (which includes lumber, gravel, PVC, etc.)
Aquaponics (the simplest definition being “the symbiotic cultivation of plants and aquatic animals in a recirculating environment”) has been around in various forms for thousands of years. The skills taught through Aquaponics University (AU) shows users how to produce yields that fall well within established production parameters for existing aquaponics systems, but with a much more stable system requiring less intervention, featuring much greater environmental sustainability as well as the need for far less electrical power, water or labor.
Portable Farms® Aquaponics System Course© through Aquaponics University. ENROLL TODAY and train to become a Certified Aquaponist in only a week by studying online just one hour per day!